Sunday, December 10, 2006

December 10, 2006

Good morning, the sun is just about to rise on another fine Sunday. Christmas is but two weeks from tomorrow. I know that most of us will look forward to at least some time off during Christmas and New Year’s Day; spending time with family, friends, and most importantly, worshipping the birth of our Lord Jesus. I watched a show last night about Christmas lights and the great lengths to which some will go in lighting their house. I watched about half of the show before going to bed; assuming that they would save the best for the finale, I must assume that house has somewhat in excess of several million lights. Houses in Richmond, VA took up about half of the show, including one with more than 500,000 lights. The question that occurs to me about those very impressive displays is: does the owner remember the meaning or the source of Christmas? It isn’t Santamas, it’s Christmas and the reason for Christmas is Christ. I am glad they put so much effort into their celebration of Christmas, but I am concerned that they might lose sight of what is truly important about this Holy Day.
Thank you God for sending us a savior on Christmas Day!

Bucky

No comments: