Saturday, December 02, 2006

December 2, 2006

Good morning! Some quiet time, what a luxury. I am thinking that is one thing that I do not schedule enough in my days. Not time to watch a movie with loud noises and explosions, that isn’t quiet time. No, I need to set aside a time when I contemplate God and His grace, and nothing else. A man said earlier this week that pressure is put upon us by others and by the demands of our job, and that stress is put upon us by our own worries about those demands and other things. Jesus tells us to not be caught worrying at the time of His return in Luke 21:34;
"Watch out! Don't let me find you living in careless ease and drunkenness, and filled with the worries of this life.”

It is easy to understand the part about “living in careless ease and drunkenness,” but Jesus also warned us not to be “filled with the worries of this life.” It is so easy to be caught up daily in those worries. Wealthy folks pay accountants, counselors, and office and domestic staff to worry about all of the matters we must deal with in this life. It certainly is not easy to budget time, money, and resources in this life and also manage all of the cares and responsibilities. I read in a magazine essay this week about a banker turned pastor. His wife wrote the essay and mentioned the problems that keep her husband awake on many nights. We should not have this problem, but that doesn’t stop it from occurring. Even when pastors tell us to give all our cares and worries to Jesus, they may not find it so easy to do so! There are some cares so large that perhaps we should “pray and walk away”. By that I mean that we pray earnestly to Jesus for strength and a resolution, and then we drop the matter. Let us ponder this some more tomorrow. One of my responsibilities today has crept up on me…

God loves you and so do I!

Bucky

No comments: