Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Now What?

Moreover the LORD said to me, “Take a large scroll, and write on it with a man's pen concerning Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz.  Isaiah 8:1

At Christmas the time seems right to write about the birth of Christ and at Thanksgiving it seems good to give some gratitude to God, but after the New Year thing, what do we write about now? Let me think on this out loud for a bit. There are 31,102 verses in the Bible according to several sources, so at about 225 used per year as our verse of the day, I should be good to go for 130 years or so. And, let's see, take off the 17 years I have written this devotional message, add the remainder to my present age, and if I start repeating verses at the ripe old age of 173, no one is likely to notice! Least of all myself, who probably won't have to endure quite that long before the Master calls us home. 

No worries, beloved! As long as the Lord provides the words about His word, we will continue this for a while to come. 

Love in Christ Jesus to you and yours, 

Bucky

No comments: