Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Learning The Servanthood

But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. Mark 10:42

Once in a while it comes upon me to do an update on my learning the servanthood portion of this journey with Jesus. And it seems there are still some problems along the way. For example: a person comes to me and says, "I need you to do something for me." We're not talking about the boss here, since by way of employment that is what is supposed to be a thing. No, this is that acquaintance or even total stranger who loves that verse we read today and figure they are referenced in the lord or great one part of it. And this is where I fail the test of servanthood since immediately I'm thinking things like: Why do you want to take advantage of my feeble attempt at servanthood? And other things that you can imagine since it has likely happened to you as well. Yes, it is the ready and willing to obey part that still sticks in 1st gear for me. Jesus of course did not say that learning the servanthood would be easy for any of us. We have that old nature that just doesn't want to serve. 

So, in prayer we go to Christ Jesus once again to learn how to serve,

Bucky

No comments: