Friday, September 01, 2023

To Be Filled

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
​​For they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6

When a person hungers and thirsts, he or she longs to be filled and satisfied. For some time in life, I longed for righteousness in others, and I had a few criticisms to help them get righteous. Then came the time that Jesus sent His law and prophets to tell me that this was a personal quest; a longing that needed His righteousness to fill the void in me. Jesus even gave to me an illustration involving beams and motes to remind me that my righteousness wasn't helping anyone, and it certainly couldn't fill me. Yes, indeedy, dear ones, this blessing is meant for those who see and hear their sin and long to be filled with the righteousness of the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. Lots of folks stroll about whacking one another with those beams. The need for a filling of righteousness sits a bit closer to home. Hopefully it will wash away that mote in my eye!

O to be filled with His righteousness!

Bucky

No comments: