Wednesday, September 20, 2023

​One Such As Me

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.​ Matthew 5:44-45

I want to do good for those I love. But here the Lord commands doing good to those who hate me. I tell ya, brothers and sisters in Christ, my first inclination is not in this direction! And so we have that lifetime battle of the lust of the flesh, which wants to punt the haters, and the new spirit given by our Lord. This new spirit of the Lord must first halt the reaction of the old water-born man to the perceived injustice of being persecuted or spitefully used. Then the new spirit can give the Lord's kind of response in love and blessing from one such as me.

What a change the Lord has wrought!

Bucky

No comments: