Wednesday, September 27, 2023

My Mighty Plank?

Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.  Matthew 7:5

Speck-bearer, I know thee, and with my mighty plank shall I smash thee with vigor and force of will! Yes, easily do we often stand on the wrong side of our Lord's lesson from His great sermon. Striding through the world we swing that plank in the eye and think that we are 'doing good'. Standing a little ways off, it is so easy to see all the things that other person should do to become perfect in our judging eyes. Of course with that plank hanging out there, we kind of have to stand some distance away. Yes, sir! A lot less criticism from us and a lot more love toward them could go a long way toward what our Lord Jesus taught us. 

Brother, help me to pluck the plank, that I might see clearly!

Bucky

No comments: