Wednesday, October 19, 2022

That Guy Over Thar'

He is the Rock, His work is perfect;
For all His ways are justice,
A God of truth and without injustice;
Righteous and upright is He.
  -- Deuteronomy 32:4

That guy over thar', he ain't perfect. Of course there are those in this world who will call out my imperfection due to misuse of the written language we share. There are others who will condemn me for using traditionally male terms. They need not worry, I have a great many imperfections beyond those trifling matters. I would list them for you, but you don't have that sort of time this week and I would likely mess up some of them anyway. Wouldn't it be just like me to list an imperfection only to find out that I am actually perfect in that one thing? I'm not sure what perfection even is in this world of the fallen humans.

However, it seems there is a person, a being, who is perfect in His work according to Moses, whose song provides us with this verse for today. Now it would appear to my meagre reasoning skills that in order for one's work to be perfect, the being would need to be perfect as well. But wait, wouldn't Moses be one of those imperfect fallen ones littering this world? How would he know perfection when he saw it? And now we see that faith was just as important in the Old Testament as it is in the New Testament time we live in.

By faith we know that God is perfect and it shows in His Son too!

Bucky

No comments: