Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Trust Begins...

“They shall besiege you at all your gates until your high and fortified walls, in which you trust, come down throughout all your land; and they shall besiege you at all your gates throughout all your land which the LORD your God has given you." Deuteronomy 28:52

I have been known to bring my requests to God with a burden upon them, the burden of what I think is the best answer. It struck me last night that trust begins not when the Lord does what I think is best, but when I give my request to the Lord and wait on whatever answer He knows is best.

Now, with the power of prayer in mind, this technique seems to be fraught with peril. The Lord might not do what I want in this thing I have requested! The Lord God may provide for my need through a channel I had not thought of during my request. He might provide in a way that had never occurred to me. Dare I put it into words? The Lord may even say no!

Yes, trusting completely in the Lord's response is the beginning and where we may go from there will cause us in the fullness of time to declare Him wonderful. In time we will even name the Lord Wonderful, says so right in Isaiah 9:6. So, how does today's Bible verse relate to this?

This verse is a part of the curses on disobedience of the Law, but it also shows within itself where that disobedience was: they were trusting in earthly walls instead of the Lord! Indeed to begin our journey toward full trust in the Lord, He may have to knock down some earthly walls in which we have placed some trust. Does life seem unfair in the moment with a job lost, financial setbacks, health failures, or other pains and sufferings? Mayhap God is pulling down some of those trusted earthly walls we don't need anymore.

Trust in the Lord Jesus our God and Savior.

Bucky

No comments: