Monday, July 23, 2018

My Strength Is The Sand

“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand." Matthew 7:26

Back in the day, I built a few houses on the sand. When that great fall came and I looked upon the wreckage of my former houses, I realized that my strength was the sand. Any strength of mine, emotional, physical, financial or otherwise, has been quite thoroughly washed away by the tides of this fallen world. And I was glad for that washing! No? Okay, I learned in the power of the Holy Spirit to be glad of that washing.

The danger in my strength comes in placing my faith in something so easily swept away by whatever tide may come along. My strengths were never so great as I had thought them, and thus my houses were easily put down. In this world there are those who have achieved great success and it is them I pity most. If anyone might come to believe in the ability to save oneself, it is those who have the applause of the world to listen to as they go to bed. How can that person come to realize his or her need for the Lord when they have so much fame, fortune, or physical ability?

Therefore, before we moan overmuch about our condition and the wreckage of those great houses we built on the sand, perhaps we should take a moment to thank the Lord for the knowledge that we all must have His salvation and depend upon Jesus Christ alone for life eternal. I like it! My strength turned out to be far too little for this life; I'm glad to have His strength for this life and the next.

God's love and grace to you on this fine Monday,

Bucky

No comments: