Saturday, September 16, 2017

Share the Gospel

Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 2 Timothy 1:8-11

I thought that I would share with you one sentence from Paul. One sentence and he took up my whole devotional!

I did a search on 'share the gospel' and this was the only verse in the New King James version that it retrieved for me, a one paragraph sentence. And it doesn't quite have the phrase down either. It says something about sharing in the sufferings. No! Not that again, no more suffering please! Mellow has left me to elope with drama, and now I'm suffering from melodrama.

Praise the Lord, our friend and fellow apostle Paul added 'according to the power of God' for I am quite sure that I cannot do this suffering thing alone. If a friend calls on me to share in the sufferings in my strength alone, I will have to inform him that I have none to offer. My strength to stand up to suffering ended some ways back. Now, according to the power of God, well that is a different story! He has strength and to spare for me. In fact it is through His strength that I live at all.

Suffering is tough, but His strength is wonderful for me!

Bucky

No comments: