Thursday, September 28, 2017

Do Entertainers Lead Us?

“Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.” Matthew 15:14

In this age it seems that too often the voices of entertainers are heard to lead the people. Decide now; will actors, athletes, and singers be our leaders? It seems unworthy of a great people that we should follow those paid to entertain us. I will follow Christ Jesus and let them alone.

Too late, you made that decision long ago and I am glad for us. Those who have experienced the influence of God's own Spirit have seen the evils of blindly following the celebrity culture. We have our idols in this time, and they aren't shy about calling themselves 'idols' or 'stars' any longer. For us stars are those things God created and set in the sky, and the morning stars sang together when God laid the foundation of the Earth. (Job 38:7). I'm sure it is quite flattering for a person to be recognized from that popular show on the television, but we don't need to blindly follow them. It is an honor among men to be selected as a member of an NFL team, but they don't lead us.

I am weary of being caught up in a vain argument. I believe that the United States is blessed enough by our Lord Jesus to survive some people kneeling for our national anthem. We can even get by without an anthem when we have our Lord God first in mind and in life. I have chosen to honor the anthem of my country by standing. When others refuse to stand, it does not make the nation I served any less in my sight. No, the freedom we enjoy in this strong nation blessed by our Lord can be used in both good ways and bad.

Thank You, dear Lord for Your blessings on this nation,

Bucky

P.S. By the way, that kneeling protest thing is so effective that I still do not know why they are doing it.

No comments: