Monday, September 18, 2017

My Mission: His Show

“But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth. Exodus 9:16

Why are we so weak? I guess as Hobbes pointed out once, 15 billion years of evolution probably wasn't enough. Yes, it is easy to mock a theory that hasn't yet made me into a super-genius Wonderman. Life would be just so comfortable and easy with a few superpowers to play with. Instead, we wander through the Bible and the most accurate comparison we get is that of helpless sheep dependent on the shepherd.

Of course, in the end the Son of God is known as the Lamb of God. He is the one found worthy to open the seven seals of the Apocalypse. Out of all the might and strength of Heaven, a Lamb? A Lamb, the spotless Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. Hmm, maybe it isn't so bad to be known as a sheep. Could it be that sheephood is my highest mission in this life as I serve the Lamb of God?

My mission: His show. We feel so weak and dependent on Him, and yet He has raised up His people, His sheep, to show His power and to declare His name. The sheep tend to run around trying to make a name for themselves, but their purpose is to declare the name of Jesus, to honor the name of the Father, and to make sure that all the world knows the name of the Lord.

Weak, falling apart, and growing old, this sheep is proud to belong to the Lord Jesus. The Lamb of God is our Good Shepherd! Praise His name.

Bucky

No comments: