Friday, June 09, 2017

Working Horses

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
​​But we will remember the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7

The second day of rodeo Bible camp brought an amusing observation: "Didn't I see you out there working horses last night?" Normally, that would be nothing unusual at a riding camp, but it was said to me. I guess if you see a stout fellow in front of a bunch of horses doubled over with laughter, then, okay, maybe, you might assume that I was trying to work horses. I'm fairly certain on which is the back end and front end of a horse, and I'm pretty sure you don't want all four hooves sticking straight up, but after that I'm cheerfully vague on what makes a horse work. Some people love 'em; I'm okay with leaving them alone. In Christ, we are just not all called to the same things.

Our verse today shows some understanding pity for those who would trust in the things of this world. We who believe in Christ trust in the Lord. We may enjoy one thing for a hobby and another for work, but we trust in the Lord. One of us may be an equine expert, and another may be more like me, but we trust in the Lord. I know a lot about information technology, others may look at a computer about the way I look at a horse, but we trust in the Lord! Praise God we are not all called to the same things in this life.

God bless and keep you (away from horses, if you so desire) on this great Friday,

Bucky

No comments: