Thursday, May 04, 2017

2017 National Day of Prayer

But You have seen, for You observe trouble and grief,
​​To repay it by Your hand.
​​The helpless commits himself to You;
​​You are the helper of the fatherless. Psalm 10:14

The helpless commits himself to You. By this time in life, you may have far more reminders of your inability than you might like. My voice is not likely to be heard in the mass media today. One of us seems to have arrived 16 minutes late for those 15 minutes of fame. Our influence on world events starts and ends with one little vote every four years, and it may be that our first choice didn't even make the final cut. We are the humble, the helpless, washed ashore by the tide of world events without even a sandcastle to claw at before the rip tide sweeps us back out to sea. The world will not hear my prayer today, but God will.

Yes, I too have come to know a great many inabilities in this life by now. Each one though serves as a reminder of my Lord God's ability. If there is no healing touch in this body, let it remind me of that time my Lord Jesus said, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." If my wallet is empty, let it recall that time Jesus told Peter to go catch a fish to pay the temple tax. I may feel like my offering is but one tiny scale of only one fish inside a boy's lunch, but with that lunch the Master fed thousands. My voice may echo off the walls of an empty room, but the voice of my Lord shook the world. I will come to the end of this life having not saved anyone, but John saw in Heaven a multitude which no one could number. I believe in the One who saved them!

Enjoy a prayer today for the sake of our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. We have lots of inability to offer Him; He has lots of ability to save us!

Bucky

No comments: