Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sometimes I Feel Unworthy

The admission of the failure to always feel like a child of God may be one of the more sure signs that you and I are one. I look up to Heaven in prayer and then quickly look down because the unworthy feeling causes me to duck away. Why do I feel that way? Is it my perceived lack of success in leading persons to Christ? I may not be a harvester but a planter of the seed. Do you feel unworthy because you think God wants you to be the CEO of your company by this age of the life you gave to Him? You gave your life to Christ, isn't your position His responsibility now?

I can tell you that CEO is a relative title. Being the CEO of a company that isn't quite sure what he,,,er, I mean, it is doing is not an ego-stroking position. I think that we feel unworthy because we look at those around us and measure our position relative to theirs, or worse, what we think that fellow's position is. We don't know what is in the heart, only God knows that. You or I may be correct and we may be the least of God's children. Paul thought he was. But I suspect that Paul and you and I are all incorrect. God alone keeps the measure of our value relative to His kingdom, and He stated that value rather emphatically on the cross.

You and I are children of the Most High God because God brought us into His family through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I am worthy because Jesus gave me worth on the cross, not because I have a well-known position or mission in God's kingdom. My best position for God is what HE calls me to do, even or perhaps especially if that job seems humble by our world's standards.

God's grace and peace to you on this fine morning!
Bucky

No comments: