Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Joy, Joy, Joy Unspeakable

Good morning on this joyful day. Now that I have made the title unspeakable, I will attempt to write about it. Seems a bit like stating that a brick is hard, and then bashing it upside my head to prove the point. Ah, but I have God's Word and His Holy Spirit to help me out in this. Nothing that I attempt for God is ever done on my own. Things done by me for me may sometimes be attempted alone, usually I know this by the splat sound I make when I fall right after tripping over my own feets, spiritual or physical as the case may be. What happens when I fall into the fowler's snare?

Who walked into it? I did, you did, at some point the world will fool us or humiliate us in some way that is a 'fowler's snare' for us. Psalm 91:3 promises us: "Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the perilous pestilence." Why did early Christians care for plague victims when all others fled? This promise. How do we know that unspeakable joy follows a time spent struggling in the fowler's snare? God's promise to us. We may walk around the snare by virtue of God's warning, or He may allow us to fall straight into it. As we struggle, the world may stop by to laugh at us. "Where is your God now?" They ask with derision.

We know where our Lord is, right where He was as Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Our Lord God is on His throne, sovereign and waiting to deliver us. Our delivery may be to Heaven, so tight is the fowler's snare about us. Yet, whose joy is unspeakable when one of His sons or daughters arrives in Heaven? Ours certainly, but is not God's joy also unspeakable in that moment? What about the celebration of the saints and angels? Maybe, we will not know until our time has come.

What I know is that I want some of that unspeakable joy, and today I realize that God wants it too. Not just in Heaven above, but right here on Earth with me and you. For if God feels my sorrow and pain, would He not want to share in my joy and happiness too? I think so. Wait for it; God's joy is coming!

Bucky

No comments: