Thursday, April 11, 2013

Remember Where You Are

Good morning as the sun makes its way across the frozen plains. I think I can guess a few things about your situation without any crystal-ball mumbo jumbo. First, your health situation is not all that you want it to be. Second, there is some thing in your life that is at times a bit of an irritation. Third, your home is not the one you have in your dream of a home. Sound about right? I can do this because we all feel that tug toward our heavenly home and it comes up against what we see here.

As I grow in the love of Christ, I want to be with Him and with all those I love in this world. This is difficult because Christ has not called me home yet, and He has not called all my loved ones home either. The other hard part is that all those I love span almost, but not quite, 50 years and we are spread over a goodly part of the earth's surface. Our best hope is the Rapture of course, then we can all go together. However, we don't know when that will occur. The next problem is the home. Every home, apartment, trailer, tent, shack, or open space I have ever slept in had something wrong with it. Some thing that made it just a little short of perfection, at least as much as I can determine perfection, or in some cases a bunch of things way short of my standard of perfection. The health thing is just kind of a constant potential worry. But all of that is not quite where I am.

Since the time of my salvation, I have been and am in the keeping of Christ my Lord. I am assigned as a missionary in a world of darkness, living in enemy-held territory, and waiting for the return of my King. All these imperfections and irritations are just a fact of life in the field. I am not home, though I tend to call certain places 'home', and all of the places I go in this world are but training exercises for eternity. Hard training of any type is never fun, but all this stuff we tend to look at is not a good answer to where I am. Where I am, and where you are, is in the keeping of Jesus. We sit or stand, run or play, in His mighty hands.

Glory and honor to God our Father in the name of His great and only Son, Jesus Christ.

Bucky

No comments: