Wednesday, December 26, 2012

You Can't Go Home Yet

No, not because it's Wednesday evening and I haven't sent out the devotional for this evening, but because Jesus hasn't sent for you or me. We live in our Lord's grace, and we live to serve His church, and we hope for that day when we might go home for good. However, if we want to go home just to escape this world and think nothing of those who may be left behind then just maybe that is too selfish. We just ended the season of giving (Christmas gifts that is), but we did not go into the season of thinking only of just me.

I wouldn't mind if the Rapture came tonight. I think the celebration would be marvelous with Jesus in the clouds of Heaven. Sadly, the mission God has for you and me does not end just because we think now would be a good time to go home. Joyfully, the mission God has for you and me goes on! Those who do not yet believe in Jesus still have time to make their eternal decision. You and I can find someone who needs the good news of Jesus Christ. Time is not over and the world goes on for a bit. How long that 'bit' will be, we cannot know. Looking around at the condition of the world, time for deciding seems short to me. I don't think we have long to wait for our Lord's call!

Take a hope break this evening for our hope in Christ draws near!
Bucky

No comments: