Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Content With Now

Good morning! I tried to go through today without complaint, and found that I had already done so. How can I be content with what God has provided now, when I cannot start the day without a complaint about something? We may want to begin with gratitude. Of course, we can start with the good things, and that is a very good place to begin our grateful thanksgiving, but what about that thing we complained about?

It is difficult. Thanking God for the pain in the neck we woke up with or the big bill sitting on the counter is not going to come naturally. The pain reminds us that we are still alive and able to spread the good news of Christ's salvation. The big bill means that you received something valuable. Find a reason to be grateful; learn to be content in the now. We might try to remember that this latest tribulation we feel in the now was promised by Christ. We might thank God that our Father in Heaven cares enough to test our faith. After all it could be worse, if your faith is never tested and God leaves you alone, where do you suppose you will spend eternity? Hmm, I think I am a bit more content now.

Bucky

No comments: