Friday, September 02, 2011

Labor Day Weekend - September 2, 2011

Good Friday morning! Hooray, the final long weekend holiday of summer is here! Tonight you can go a little bit crazy... wait, most of us are at least that far already. Perhaps we can go somewhere fun like a football game. Yeah! The 'Huskers start the new season tomorrow. I notice that some special weather has arrived for the holiday weekend too. I haven't felt a breeze this cool since last May or June. Of course that is a relative measure as we are just coming out of a long hot spell. Ha, ha, who am I to talk about a hot spell? We have had an easy summer compared with the folks down south.Woof, usually by now the sun is shining on me and the thermometer beside the desk is reading 84º (because of the sun on it) Today, no sun and the reading is 68º. The hot coffee is so much better today for some reason.

I'm babbling; I'm not sure how I can tell, but I can tell somehow. See, babbling! Today is one of those days when a little caffeine in my coffee might not hurt. The changing weather last night kept waking me up and the morning seemed to arrive after a long journey... and it's already past 0800. I have seen a few mornings where it might be best that I not try to present my take on deep theological issues. Especially given that my 'take' on theology might be just a bit lopsided and goofy on a morning such as this.

Today, I pray that you have a great Labor Day weekend. I pray that God is a part of your weekend and that all you do is done to glorify our Lord. Does that mean working all weekend? Certainly not! How often do you praise God for more days of hard work and toil? We get plenty of that in this life. This weekend do something praiseworthy. That is: do something that makes you say "Praise God!"

Enjoy the weekend!

Bucky

No comments: