Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Faith in the Almighty - September 28, 2011

Good Wednesday morning! Well, late again, but Windows is up and running for the moment. Computers and their software can be a real test of our faith and patience. Perhaps God allowed them to be invented just for that very purpose. I thought that I had left IT work behind me, but that appears to not be the case at times. Now to switch from frustration with a machine to writing about encouragement for people.


My need for Jesus often comes into a sharper focus during times when I must not only switch gears in a manner of speaking, but change direction as well. In this world, I want to gnash my teeth and snarl at certain manufacturers of computer software and hardware. In Christ, I need to change to writing something encouraging to help you make it through another difficult day, especially for those up on the hill at Big Corporate. Alone, I am afraid that I would never make the switch. I need the Spirit to guide me and comfort me in order to set aside the problems and concentrate on the Savior.


Problems in life and work seem to pile up to form mountains in front of us. In business, the company will put you through courses with very uplifting slogans about going over the mountain or figuring ways around it. What we really need is to say to the mountain, "Git!" and have it moved out of our way. Hmmm, that seems to remind me of something from the Bible! To make that work, we need faith in an Almighty God. I am not going to be able to lift and throw a mountain no matter how many times I say 'git' or 'move'. Faith in God on the other hand can move those very mountains from my way. It isn't a matter of tallying up my own strength, we know that will be insufficient. I need to believe in God's strength and keep my faith centered on the one who created the very mountains of this earth. A mountain of problems is as nothing to our God. The mountain we fear will stop us forever may be gone with the morning mist.


Take comfort in an Almighty God!


Bucky

No comments: