Friday, August 19, 2011

That's All For Today - August 19, 2011

Good Friday morning! Please excuse the brevity; perhaps it will be a nice break for you from my usual devotionals. I somehow managed to injure my elbow last night and doing a lot of things hurts today. I read in Matthew today about the angels separating the righteous, who will shine like the stars, from the unrighteous, who will be tossed into the fire with weeping and gnashing of teeth. I suspect all who believe that scripture would want to be among the righteous. Those who do not believe in Christ, naturally don't believe the words he spoke. It isn't that they want to be among the unrighteous, they just think that they are righteous already and accuse us of excluding others. What is the answer to my request to be among the righteous? Endure the suffering. Not quite what I wanted to hear, but I do believe that agrees more with scripture than my wish for the easy life free of pain and full of plenty.

Have a great Friday and a better weekend!

Bucky

No comments: