Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Noah and Sons, Boat Builders - August 9, 2011

Good Tuesday morning! Today we come upon an ancient...

"Hey now! I am not that old yet!"

Sorry, today we come upon Noah of Noah and Sons, Boat Builders Ltd. Noah has just received his first order, and it comes from on high so to speak.

Our Action News reporter> "So, Noah. I suppose you got started with canoes or rowboats, perhaps even a small skiff in your boat building business?"

Noah> "Nope, gots me an ark to build."

AN> "Uhh, do you even know what an ark is?"

Noah> "What does that matter? The Lord said, 'build it'. I'm buildin' it!"

AN> "Kind of a big project for a starter; don't you think?"

Noah> "Yup"

AN> "I understand that you are kind of busy, but wouldn't you like to try a dinghy first?"

Noah> "Gotta big cargo comin'. Dinghy won't do."

AN> "Big cargo?"

Noah> "Yep. Hundreds of animals, all in pairs from the smallest to the real big 'uns! You tell me whether a dinghy will do the trick, Mr. Big City reporter man."

AN> "I see your point.... But do you have any experience in boat building, especially one of this size?"

Noah> "Nope! I told you, the Lord said to build it, and I'ma buildin' it!"

AN> "Okay, so you do everything this 'lord' says to do?"

Noah> "Yup!"

AN> "I see. So you kind of like living in complete faith then?"

Noah> "Not always. It will rain for forty days and forty nights. My family and I will be shut in with hundreds, perhaps thousands of smelly animals for two years or more, and I get to watch the entire world die."

AN> "Uh huh, sounds rough... I don't suppose you can tell us what this 'rain' is?"

Noah> "As I understand it, water pouring down from the sky. So much that there won't be a single dry spot left, even the mountains will be drowned."

AN> "Sounds awful. Did you ever doubt that you are right in believing this 'lord' fellow?"

Noah> "Nope!"

AN> "Well, ha, ha, here we are, out of time again. A man and his family building a boat on dry land, while expecting a whole bunch of animals to just show up for boarding. Crackpot or just plain crazy? You decide. Back to the news desk in Babylon."


Are you one of the Lord's boat builders, or just another unbeliever? Have a great day in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: