Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Someone is there for You! - September 30, 2009

Good Wednesday morning! The last day of September for this year. Much of 2009 has already passed us by. Longer school days, school open on weekends, less summer vacation... sounds like one of my childhood nightmares! Decades later, it isn't a nightmare, just one of the new plans put up by our President. Perhaps it isn't the amount of time spent in school, but how that time is spent. Just a thought...

I'm slow this morning. I'll blame it on the nice day yesterday. Not a very good reason to be slow, but it's all I can think of at the moment. The wind is supposed to blow hard today, more new weather coming our way. I am grateful for our changing weather; it keeps things from getting too boring. Does it sound like I'm reaching for things to be grateful for? No, we can never run out of things to be grateful for in Christ. Has anyone thanked you for being alive today? You do have a choice in the matter you know. Some people for one reason or another do opt to end their own lives. Let me tell you that I am grateful that you and I are here together. A group e-mail might seem like not the best way to tell someone that; but what happens if no one ever stops to remind you that we are glad that you are here with us in this life? Jesus tells us this often, but He also uses others to remind us that we are loved. In the darkest times in our lives, we find the suffering easier to bear when we know that we are not alone. Whatever you are suffering this morning, if anything, let me remind you that Jesus is glad that you are here with Him. Furthermore, let me remind you that we, your brothers and sisters in Christ, are thinking of you and praying for you on this fine day!

Look up and see the glory of God's creation, it's all there for you!

Bucky

No comments: