Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's all About the People - September 16, 2009

Good Wednesday morning! The sirens are going off on the other side of town; I always hope that no one is hurt when I hear that noise. Why, you might ask? Because it's all about the people. Even those I do not know and have never seen are loved by God. Persons who I like or dislike; those who make me feel good and those who would rather I jump in a fast-moving current, all are loved by God. We cannot scan through a crowd of strangers and know who will be in Heaven and who will not, but God knows each and every one of them. My books may be made up of fictional characters, but the stories are still about people. Whatever genre of reading or movies you enjoy, the stories are about people too. Robots and insects are odd images of us in some movies, but everything still comes down to people. Our relationships with each other and the world we live in, and the most important relationship, or lack thereof, with God our Father in Heaven.

I think back at times to the moments that I met a person in passing and failed them. Not even a "God bless" or "Praise Jesus!" coming out just when I might have lifted someones day. However, we won't always fail and we must trust in God to save those who will choose to come to Jesus. Writing, reading, praying, speaking, and loving: it's all about people and God. All of us 'peoples' need salvation from the one true God. Pray for those around you and love them as Jesus loves them.

Better news and a link I promised to pass on - http://www.blurb.com/bookstore In the bookstore search for "Nohr" and you will get a page with four books. There used to be five, but one of them seems to have become a collector's item. Burt, save the pink one! Seriously, these books are written by none other than my sister, Kerri. The original copies I purchased a couple of months ago are receiving some good reviews around here. You should spend a few bucks and give them a try.

God bless!

Bucky

No comments: