Saturday, July 26, 2008

Left Behind...again! - July 26, 2008

Good Saturday morning! Today is the start of the big sidewalk sale event in Sidney and especially at Cabela's. As you know, I tend to stay out of the way for this event as thousands of people stream into Sidney for the weekend. I did make a trip to Safeway this morning to get some more of those somewhat more expensive groceries. Last night we enjoyed at least 4 waves of thunderstorms in the area, and the last one was quite the finish. Of course, the morning dawns clear and innocent with only a few clouds hanging about. The warm days of mid-summer have arrived and in truth we cannot complain about this July, it has been mild compared to the last several. I pray that August is mild as well. Enough chit-chat, time to get into the Word!

I started the Left Behind series and prequels once more a few nights ago. I had promised myself another run through those books after graduation and the time has come to pay up on that promise. I am struck once again by how similar the experiences of those unsaved and saved in the series are to my own. I suspect there are similarities in yours as well. We like to think that we are original in our problems and trials, but in truth we often face the same arguments and temptations that everyone else has. This is quite likely as there is only one enemy and one tempter. The lusts of the flesh have not changed in millennia, and the fallen angel who tempts the righteous is still the same one who tempted Paul, Peter, and John in the first century. Of course Mr Lahaye and Jenkins can right with some authority on what it takes to be saved, to overcome unbelief in yourself and others, and to let Jesus into your heart; they went through those same things in their own life. Do you read books and find yourself cheering on the characters? In this series I do, because the Holy Spirit wants everyone to be saved, even fictional characters. Yes, a good read and one I recommend to you. The books are still widely available in libraries and bookstores; be sure to read whenever you have a chance and this is a good series of books to start with.

God bless you all,

Bucky

No comments: