Monday, July 28, 2008

The Beginning of Wisdom - July 28, 2008

Good Monday morning! We are blessed with another great day of work in the Lord! This morning while walking in the brown fields of town, I asked the Lord what to write about this morning. He responded with 'wisdom'. Reading in Proverbs, at least at the very beginning, a section is headed with 'wisdom for young people'. However, in reading the verse it also is directed to the simple. Now, I don't know how you feel about your quantity of wisdom, but I often feel quite simple. In other words I think that all of Proverbs is directed toward me. Yesterday Pastor Rogers equated discipleship with discipline. We are to be disciplined in our lives and wisdom gives us, the simple, guidance in how to achieve that discipline. I have not always been disciplined in many things that I do. This is not to take away spontaneous acts and have no fun, something the world sees in Christ because they do not believe. I disagree with those who try to schedule every moment of their lives, but on the other hand we should not go through our lives with no plans or schedules at all. This is something that is between each of us and God. The best part of the beginning verses of Proverbs is one that all of us have heard before: Fear of the Lord is the beginning of all knowledge. Your Bible version may state it slightly different, but we all come to the same point if we want to learn; respect the Lord and you will gain knowledge.

Hallelujah for the day!

Bucky

No comments: