Thursday, June 19, 2008

Joy in Prayer - June 19, 2008

Good Thursday morning! The world awaits our presence on this great day in the Lord Jesus! I am writing cheerful words through a sleepy head. :-) I received one of those midnight calls last night, not the big one we are all waiting for, but one of the sleep-depriving ones we get in this world. Wow, I feel that a good nap would do me some good right now. Has your life ever been uprooted due to a change in work schedule? I learned yesterday that many of our retail employees had to change from day work to night work recently. Ouch! That is a change that would cause me no small amount of pain. I am sure that many of them are feeling some kind of discomfort too. Do others need our prayers? Yes, I think that we can see needs both great and small in the world around us. Focusing only on our own needs can be depressing; praying and thinking of the needs of others brings us to realize that we are not alone in this struggle. It all comes back to "love your neighbors as your self." My neighbors might be those in towns under water right now, or those who live next door and must adjust to a radically different work schedule. In all cases, the Lord has provided us many folks to pray for. Do we revel in their misery? Certainly not, but we do take the opportunity to pray earnestly for their salvation and relief in dark times. Praying for someone else is a privilege, and we do reveal our joy in prayer. Let the glory of God shine through us today!

Bucky

No comments: