Friday, June 06, 2008

A Harvest of Joy - June 6, 2008

Good Friday morning! Clear skies greet us this morning, and the rains of yesterday were very welcome. Praise God for the opportunity to live another day in Him! My head is still kind of sleepy this morning, perhaps due to an exhausting week. Has the energy-sapping monster of worry got a hold of me? I have noticed in my life that worry can be exhausting work. It robs a person of sleep and rest; it causes a mental exhaustion that in turn starts all manner of physical ailments, and finally the physical burn of nervousness. With all of that, is it any wonder that a person can feel worn out? So many times Jesus said, "Don't worry" or Don't be afraid" and yet we still do it. Learning to trust completely in the Lord may be one of the more difficult parts of growing in Christ. However, we need not despair that we will never reach that point of complete trust. The one in charge of that work in us, the Holy Spirit, is both very patient and very tenacious. You and I will see the results of the Spirit's work in our lives and minds. The joy of the Lord will come upon us in all of its fullness. When I write of what the Lord has done for me, the energy and joy of His presence fills me.

Give glory to God, and reap the harvest of His joy!

Bucky

No comments: