Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Blowing the Dust Off - June 3, 2008

Goood morning! The bright sun dawns on a return to the honor and privilege of writing in Christ Jesus. The last time I wrote, Friday May 23rd, was the day I began a vacation and watched a deluge knock out my Internet connection. Yesterday afternoon, we managed to fix all of the problems, a big thank you goes out to Matt Perry, and I am back online. Does absence make the heart grow fonder, as the old saying goes? Yes, in this case, I did seriously miss the writing of this in the mornings. I saved the Saturday devotional that I had begun to write. It was that morning that I came to the realization that no matter what I tried here at home, the Internet had taken a vacation as well. An interesting week to be sure, as it had been some time since I had spent a week without Internet or e-mail.

It was nice to be back at work yesterday, my security blanket still firmly in place. I am reminded that my plan for moving into a new career is fast approaching. A couple of years or so is not that long even as we measure time. Questions arise: will I have the words to produce novels? Will I be able to overcome the laziness that might set in from not having a regular job and boss? The answer to the many questions, doubts you might call them, lies in Christ Jesus. I am glad to be back with you on this fine morning, blowing the dust off my morning writing and moving on to the glory of God the Father!

Once more the privilege of writing a devotional returns and I would first remind you that God loves you and so do I! Trust in the Lord Jesus in all of your endeavors, whether professional, spiritual, or leisure. Other than the occasional storm, our weather has been mild this spring, but that is not true in all places. We pray for those who have suffered loss or injury in the spring tornadoes around the country.

God bless and keep you,

Bucky

No comments: