Monday, June 16, 2008

Home Once More - June 16, 2008

Good morning on this rainy Monday in Sidney. We woke up to wet and clouds this morning, but the rain has stopped. As I read the stories about the Mississippi flooding, I realize there are problems much larger than mine going on right now. Towns and cities are filling sandbags in the hundreds of thousands to save homes and property, while other residents are forced to abandon their homes in Iowa. I seem to recall a similar effort not that long ago (1993) and the devastation that happened back then. I would like to live by a river or stream, but like everyone else I would prefer the river not want to move in with me. I would of course prefer that others not have to suffer to put my own problems in the right perspective, but the disasters will come on this earth and those disasters do remind us of how small our day to day problems are in the big picture.

I am glad to be home, but like other trials, this will take a bit of time for recovery. Driving, another stressful and time-consuming activity that doesn't burn the calories it deserves. My mind and body wanted to rebel this morning when I climbed into the truck; I had to reassure myself that I was only going to the grocery store. Too many days of driving and more driving! Praise the Lord that I am home! Wait, I am not quite home just yet. There it is! Too often we think of our house here on earth as "home" when we know very well that our home is in heaven with Jesus. You and I will be truly home one day, but we are not there yet! Hold on for a bit longer.

God bless you all,

Bucky

No comments: