Wednesday, August 02, 2023

It's Not Time For A Rant

There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword,
But the tongue of the wise promotes health.  Proverbs 12:18

By now in life our experiential wisdom has taught us that it is almost never time for a rant. The rants that appear so popular on social media these days are better considered carefully and with the counsel of wise advisors, but are so often turned loose on the world. I don't have anything to rant about this morning, but if I did it would go something like this: Me, me, me, someone was mean to me, me me, it's so unfair, me me... and so on. It would be tiresome, dull, annoying, and you could easily see where it came from. A rant is usually all those things that Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 13 that love is not. In place of a rant, let us consider pouring out the fruits of the Holy Spirit on each other. Each of us I think could use a little fruit of love, patience, generosity, peace, kindness, and all those others from God our Father by way of His children. 

Have a joyful day in God's love!

Bucky

No comments: