Thursday, August 17, 2023

A Working Of The Spirit

And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. Luke 1:47

From the Song of Mary that burst forth from her when visiting her relative Elizabeth in the hill country. It is a blessing to read of the rejoicing of these two women as one carried the baby who would be John the Baptist and the other carried our Lord Jesus within her. "But such a song coming from her suddenly, really?" the unbelieving one asks. As this only appears in Luke's account, and he investigated the matter afterward, it is easy to find reason to doubt, if unbelief is what a person clings to. For those who believe though, this bursting forth into song becomes all the more believable with the passing years. I will confess to singing my prayers more often now than I did a few years back. This singing burst seems to happen more to my brothers and sisters in Christ all around me too. It is, we believe, but one more working of the Spirit of the Lord in us!

Have a rejoicing day in the Spirit of the Lord!

Bucky

No comments: