Friday, December 30, 2022

At The Overwhelming

From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
  -- Psalm 61:2

As a little sheep from the Lord's pasture we are often overwhelmed by events and emotions. While it is not always the answer to run away from troubles, it is always a great answer to run to the Lord with our cries. 

It will not surprise any of you to learn that this is from a psalm of David. It seems that when seeking out verses about worry, fear, or overwhelming, I will find that David was one who knew these things from his experiences. At the ending of this year, any of us might feel that overwhelming sorrow, despair, anxiety, or other crushing feeling that brings us down, down, to a heartfelt wail to the Lord. David published his overwhelming in a song. We can bring ours to the Lord in prayer. "Lead me to the rock that is higher than I," David wrote. We know this Rock as Jesus the Christ. Our Lord Jesus knows the weakness of every sheep in His flock. Come to Him little sheep and wail your hurt to the Good Shepherd. 

Place all of yourself in the hands of the Shepherd!

Bucky

No comments: