Friday, January 06, 2023

Learning In The Struggle

But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings.  Hebrews 10:32

Good morning in this new year! I have been gone or off the air for a while now, and you may be wondering, what's up with that? A vacation would have been a strange event, but it wasn't that and I would have told you. The sewer in my house backed up, twice. And after trudging down the stairs one evening to scoop the stuff up from my basement shower and bag it out to the trash, I resolved not to do that again. And so began my morning trips to find a potty before the need became urgent. Plus there was that trip to the laundromat which I had not done in years. An inconvenience to be sure, but one that takes up time from my morning routine. Of course the writing of my testimony should always come first due to the Great Commission and so on, as some would point the Pharisee finger at me. All I can say in defense is...try telling that to my digestion! There are biological processes in us that just have to complete their mission or dire consequences come. One morning this week I only just made it too. 

While 'great struggle' might be over the top in this example when compared with what others have endured, it was a struggle nonetheless. I have learned more ways to conserve water, and that my faith in Christ remained even in the times when I got down a bit. 

Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. v35

Bucky

No comments: