Thursday, November 03, 2022

Worry Over The Faith Measure

For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. Romans 12:3

Do I have enough faith for the mission in front of me? It is interesting, even a bit amusing, that we must have faith that we have enough faith. Paul states that each of us has been dealt a measure of faith. Can I see that in drams, grams, ounces, or feet? And what would it mean to me if I knew that I had xx units of faith? The measure of faith that God has dealt to me tells me that to worry over it will not increase it. But instead this worry strains my faith a bit as worry is sin since Jesus our Lord commanded us not to worry. That one trips up many a saint who might think their sin is kept well under control. Then we ask about that worry over the faith measure. Ach, no!

Yes, in Christ have faith that each of us has enough faith, even if the measure seems as small as a grain of mustard seed.

Blessed Jesus live in me, please!

Bucky

No comments: