Friday, September 09, 2022

Who Is God? Pt 14

Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
​​For wisdom and might are His.
And He changes the times and the seasons;
He removes kings and raises up kings;
He gives wisdom to the wise
And knowledge to those who have understanding.
  -- Daniel 2:20-21

Daniel gives a wealth of characteristics of God for me to choose from today, but I think we must pay respect to God and one of the longest serving monarchs of His choosing, Queen Elizabeth II. Yesterday, one of the commentators on the news media called upon us to recall all the years of her reign. While this was likely meant to make us think of the events or the length, I found that I could not think of all the years as I had not been alive for several of those years. When I was born in what to me seems many years ago, the queen had already reigned for more than a decade. The length of her reign imparts a bit of stability to the world, I think, and we are grateful to God that it was so long. Yesterday, God gave the queen rest from her long labors. And on the same day God raised up a king.

September 8, 2022 was one of those days when history seems to pass by a bit more than usual. The ending of the reign of a queen who sat for seventy years on the throne gives one pause to consider what comes next. Of course the new king, important though he is, must come second to what God has coming for us.

Respect to our Lord God today, as He raises up kings and gives rest to Queen Elizabeth II,

Bucky

No comments: