Monday, September 19, 2022

What I Hate, That I Do

For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.  Romans 7:15

Paul does not write his exact sin in this passage, nor do we need to enumerate the list when it comes around again in us. The sin was all of them in Paul, and he hated it. When I feel the need to review this passage of Paul's letter to the Romans, you can be sure that I too have gone and done what I hate. It is almost a dark comedy in which we are reborn in Christ, and then come over the years to realize more and more of the sin that lurks within us. Often that sin comes blurting out of the mouth and hurts others, and we hate that more. When will it stop? Let us ask the One in charge of our redemption! We are a work in progress, and there is no hope in us. Our great hope is in our Savior and Lord, Jesus the Christ. 

Dear Lord Jesus, please cleanse us from all unrighteousness!

Bucky

No comments: