Thursday, August 20, 2020

Seven, Seven, and Seven

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” Revelation 21:9

The judgments are completed and one of the last seven angels comes to John to make an introduction, the bride. This is not just any bride such as we will see getting married here on Earth in the last days and right up to the end, but the bride, the wife of the Lamb. Did this angel volunteer or obey an assignment? Perhaps the angel simply saw a need and responded, but what an honor! "I will show you..." the angel says to John. And the disciple of the Lord Jesus is shown a city. Wait, not a church? No, the city, the holy city, Jerusalem, descending out of Heaven from God. Can this mean exactly what it says? I have been taught many a time that the church is the bride of Christ, but is it biblical? I feel the urge of the Berean to seek out those scriptures for which the identification of the Bride has been told to me these many years. With the completion of the times appearing near by the signs I am to watch for, I want to know this thing, and if needed, apply a correction! That is too big to make an attempt to show just this moment. But for this morning, I am happy for this angel, who goes unnamed but does get an important moment and mission in the Revelation of our Lord. This, dear John, is the bride of our Lord's dear Son, this is Jerusalem. 

May God grant us understanding in this,

Bucky

No comments: