Thursday, August 27, 2020

Rising Up To The Prayer Challenge

For You, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed this to Your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house.' Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray this prayer to You. 2 Samuel 7:27

You may have run into this once or twice in your prayer journey, a bit of the bad news that can get a person down or cause that person to rise up in response to the prayer challenge. As I watched a fall weather forecast yesterday, I saw that in our area, and much of California where the wildfires lurk, the man predicted a below average rainfall. Suddenly, I didn't want to stand for that! No, I wanted to go into my prayer closet and kneel for that in prayer to the Father our God, requesting that He overrule this prediction. 

We don't have to stand for all the world and its prince want to dish out to us. We have the power of prayer to God to use in this fight. We have the Word of God and we have an open communication plan with Him. There is no limit to the amount of voice and data we can upload to the Lord, and no restrictions on the hours this prayer service is available to us. And the Lord our God has the perfect answer for us every time. So, rise up and kneel down to any prayer challenge you may face today. The Lord is ready to hear from you and me! 

Life in Christ and in prayer,

Bucky

No comments: