Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Ways Before The Lord

For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD,
And He ponders all his paths. Proverbs 5:21

There we were, masked and rifling the grocery store shelves, and no one thought to call the police. In fact, one of the sheriff's deputies joined us. In another time this might be remarkable. But the making of my first masked grocery store trip is old news in this time. I didn't even try any masked jokes since by now the store clerks have likely heard every stick up and masked bandit joke anyone could think up. I am glad today that my ways, masked or just a little fuzzy in the face, are before the Lord always. 

There was a time in life when I would have squirmed to think that the Lord was watching me at all times. Now, years after the salvation of Jesus worked His will on me, I am glad that every step on every path and way that I might take is watched over carefully by the Lord. Furthermore, I am glad that the Lord directs my paths, especially in those days or times when the path seems hard for me, or even hard on me, and yet faith says to me that the Lord will make all of this work for my good. 

Great are the ways of the Lord!
Bucky

No comments: