Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Home Again Empty

 I went out full, and the LORD has brought me home again empty. Why do you call me Naomi, since the LORD has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me?” Ruth 1:21

There is likely one or two persons out there with a similar complaint right now. A career may have begun and had come to a critical point where the rewards were just about to overcome the debts incurred in getting to that point, and suddenly Covid-19. It is interesting how similar our complaints have been at times in this life. Went out full, came home empty, it's the Lord's fault. I wonder if the prodigal son had some moments like this in that pig pen? (See the story in Luke 15:11-32)

From Job to Ruth to David and many others, the Bible records the gripes and complaints against the Lord our God, and we would at times fit right in with those stories. The current world climate is a good time to seek out those with complaints against the Lord, and it will be an easy search. Many will have that same sort of complaint; I went out full and came home empty. Why did the Lord do this to me?

 

Our faith states it differently. This current time is a test, I was always empty and in need of a Savior. Praise God too for this affliction, though He may not be the source of it, that brings so many to stop ignoring Him and to question Him, even if their communication begins with a gripe or two. In faith we rejoice in the expectation of great things from our God as so many who do not believe suddenly demand an answer from the God they had formerly ignored. Once the door is opened, we know that the Lord our God will send His Savior in to have a loving chat with all those who want an answer. 

In the love of the Savior, Jesus Christ,
  Bucky

No comments: