Saturday, July 01, 2017

I Get Grace; You All Obey The Law!

“I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.” Galatians 2:21

A man comes into the office professing his faith in Christ; he then proceeds to annoy, abuse, irritate, and anger everyone he comes into contact with, and this includes some fairly patient and easy-going folks. So, do I get to doubt his faith?

If I do, then shame on me, and what doubts must everyone have about my faith? You see, I don't get to live in grace while everyone else must be saved by the law. The actions of a brother in Christ do not necessarily speak to his salvation or lack thereof. As we know well, any Christian can have a bad day (or two or three). We are not immune from depression, anxiety or any other mental health illness. A brother in Christ may go through a long and difficult trial which may cause him to lash out at everyone. Prayer and forgiveness are the tools for us when a brother in Christ puts us to the test. And what a test it has been!

I don't want to fail in the test simply because I have met an annoying Christian. We are to love one another, but sometimes we may not like their actions or methods. Try to un-clench those teeth when he comes around. Pray for patience and understanding, or in his case - the strength for longsuffering and endurance to the end. Pray for his healing and mine. Which brings up another question: can a believer in Christ be possessed?

The grace of God to you; I promise not to try to keep it all for myself, no matter how much I need!

Bucky

No comments: