Tuesday, July 18, 2017

His Love Goes On Forever

A psalm of Ethan the Ezrahite.

I will sing of the LORD's unfailing love forever!
Young and old will hear of your faithfulness. Psalm 89:1

Who was Ethan the Ezrahite? Probably never know, just another of those psalmists. Not quite, Ethan gets another mention in 1 Kings where he is second fiddle to Solomon's wisdom. I would take that if I were him! That is quite an honor to be second to Solomon in wisdom. Ethan was wise enough also to know a little fact about the Lord's love - it is unfailing.

The only way Ethan is going to sing of the Lord's love forever is for it to be as unfailing as he writes. Forever is one of those words that only the Lord truly knows. When I think of forever my mind kind of goes out a ways and then falters for terms. Forever can't be put in a box lest it fail to finite. That is why I leave the burden of forever with God. I'll trust in Him to keep me forever. Attempting to give you an example of forever is to try to cage the word, and it doesn't work. But perhaps worrying over forever is to miss the real blessing - His love.

The 'for all have sinned' crowd doesn't deserve any of God's love. We are rebels only deserving of the enmity of the One we rebelled against. Yet, Ethan reminds us of an unfailing gift of God: His love. We will one day join with our brother Ethan in singing of God's unfailing love, and yes we will do it forever; or at least as long as God lasts, which just might be the eternal side of forever and ever.

Have a great day in God's unfailing love!
Bucky

No comments: