Friday, December 30, 2016

The Majesty of His Presence

​​“And it shall come to pass afterward
​​That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
​​Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
​​Your old men shall dream dreams,
​​Your young men shall see visions. (Joel 2:28)

Wow, what a dream! Yes, I woke up and said dream and not vision, so I guess I see where I fall on the old and young meter. I'm okay with that; it has been a long journey thus far. Jesus is coming, and He is returning to us soon. In the dream, overwhelming guilt as the measure of our sinfulness came over me. As one, myself and those with me fell down to our faces, but then: the majesty, glory, power, and overwhelming beauty of His presence came over us. No, in the dream I did not see Him, though I very much wanted Him to come through the doorway we faced. I do however this morning have no doubt that we will never tire of His presence in all of eternity. What majesty! The beauty of His presence as it rolled as a wave before Him! Do not give up hope, dear ones, His coming is so close now.

Just before the Christ came in my dream, the news was on a monitor in the place where I was, and in the news they mentioned the name of the Antichrist. Do you think I can remember that name upon awakening? Of course not, but it was there. What that tells me is that the wonder of His return will blast away all that worldly stuff from our minds and hearts. We will not remember the pains and sorrows of before in the light of His wonderful being. What a charge that puts into me this morning! The worldly trials and tribulations just don't seem so powerful or important today. I hate that the feeling of His presence fades so easily in this world, but I love that He will come and so very soon!

Have a powerful new day in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: