Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Like A Smiling Snowman

As I look in the mirror, I'm starting to see a little sagging here and a bit of drooping there, I think the dust of the earth is starting to call back its own. With the recent snows out east, I expect a profusion of snowmen to grow up. Like a smiling snowman standing in the sun with his arms raised up to the heavens, I know that my time here is limited. My body is temporary and one day will return to the dust from which it was made. Like that snowman though, I want to make the most of this time by praising God.

I may look a bit melted compared to my appearance at say 20 or 25 years of age, but I've never been closer to God than I feel right now. My circumstance says blazing sun, time is fleeting, I am melting away, but the Spirit says that life begins when Jesus comes. One sun melts me into a puddle, but the Son restores me to life eternal. In time, the sun may look down on no sign of me at all on this earth; but in just a little more time, the Son will bring me and my brothers and sisters into a new Earth that will never die. We have so much to look forward to in Christ. The smile may droop a bit from time to time, but the spirit within soars to the song from on high. Jesus is coming!

Have a great Tuesday in Christ,
Bucky

No comments: