Tuesday, January 19, 2016

As Long As We're Speculating

The subject of rushing to the defense of a brother in Christ was raised by me at our Bible study this morning, and we began to speculate on how much easier it might be if the Marine veteran in the group was 30 years younger, hadn't suffered the injuries he has, and was a bit lighter on his feet. As long as we're speculating, we might as well think that our group includes Sgt. Rock, Chesty Puller, and Superman too! As I returned home, I thought that we only have what we are given; the scars of our past injuries, the weakness of our old age, the talents we were born with, those friends present at the time...and God.

My timing may depend on a broken down old clock but my Lord said that He would never leave me. My strength might be less than the proverbial 90-lb weakling but my Lord is the Almighty. A little bit of pain, a deficiency in my diet, and a lack of sleep may leave me useless in the physical world but my God is sovereign, untiring, and always present. Sickness and disease may come home with me and make themselves my constant companions but my Lord is the great Healer. I could go on, but the main point is that none of those who belong to Christ need speculate on strength, power, or authority when God is near, as He always is for those who will believe.

And by the way, my Lord fasted for 40 days and still resisted the worst the Devil could throw at Him!

Blessed be His name,
Bucky

No comments: