Monday, January 18, 2016

Jesus, My Unforgettable Hero

On the back cover of a book that came to me was a complimentary statement that said, "An unforgettable hero." Now that's one thing for a fictional character, but what about someone who can help us here in this life? A firefighter, police officer or EMT who breaks a window and pulls a person from a flaming wreck might be nigh unforgettable to the person saved. The soldier in the field who pulls a buddy down into the foxhole just before the bomb hits will hold a heroic place too for that one person. But what about that one person who sacrificed all to save all? Some may not believe it or in Him, but Jesus did that very thing.

My unforgettable hero is Jesus Christ my Lord. Through faith, I know that the Son of God came down from Heaven, was born of the virgin Mary, grew to manhood, and lived the sinless life. Jesus went to the cross to pay for our sins and then rose again in victory over death and the grave. Through faith, I repent of my sins and God's grace in Christ saves me for all eternity. The One who sacrificed Heaven and His life to pay for my sins, and then rose to confirm in us the promise of eternal life is the hero I have sought since the earliest days of my life. But this is one hero I can share!

Jesus said to His disciples one day, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6) We all desire to return to God, and Jesus is the hero who makes that possible. The sacrifice on the cross, the grace that gives eternal life, and the love that came down from Heaven in Christ the Lord, make Jesus my eternal hero!

Amen. Come Lord Jesus!
Bucky

No comments: