Wednesday, September 09, 2015

The Journey Builds the Character

Wednesday already? As I held down my toaster switch this morning, I had the opportunity to reflect on past sins. Had I attempted to review every one of them from my life I would surely have burnt the toast to a flaming crisp. On the other hand, after the lesson is learned, we are well advised to move on out and forward with our Lord Jesus. Constantly going over all the past sins that are forgiven and set aside by God is not a joyous way to live. Shame, regret, and sorrow can wash away all the joy we have in Christ, if we let such things go on. We live from now and go forward in Christ. Put the past to rest at the foot of the cross.

Then, let us take that journey to build the character that glorifies God. We are walking with Christ, learning from Him, imitating Him as best we can, trusting fully in the Lord to finish His work in us. The journey from now forward is toward that time when the Lord returns in His glory and calls us home.

Grace and peace to all God's children!

Bucky

No comments: